Dapoxetine is the first choice medication to deal with premature ejaculation. It successfully fights the issue and is usually well tolerated, but is there another option? We can turn to herbal remedies, such as Confido, produced by well-known Himalaya Drug Company. Confido contains a set of herbs which can help fight premature ejaculation, boost your sex drive, and create a calming effect. It may seem that herbal medications are much safer and better choice, but it is not always true. Doctors still choose to prescribe synthetic drugs first, because their effects, side effects, and drug interactions are well tested and more clear, or because they usually contain a greater amount of active chemicals and produce a stronger effect on the body. Nevertheless, herbal medications keep attracting more attention of doctors and scientists each year, as the need of integrating herbal remedies into traditional medical practice becomes evident.
Dapoxetine: the First Choice for Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation (PA) bothers at least 30% of men from time to time, and its causes are not completely clear. However, a certain drug has been accidentally discovered that treats this condition effectively. This substance is Dapoxetine, an antidepressant from a SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) family. Trials had shown that dapoxetine significantly improves IELT – intravaginal ejaculation latency time. At the same time, it manifests antidepressant properties relieving stress and anxiety, and making the sexual activity more enjoyable.
Dapoxetine increases the concentrations of serotonin in the brain. This hormone influences mood and is the main chemical needed for achieving a happy state of mind. Serotonin deficiency in the brain results in anxiety, aggression, irritability, and depression. This hormone produces a calming effect and helps men have better control over their ejaculation; studies have shown that retaining serotonin in the brain delays ejaculation.
Unlike other SSRI, Dapoxetine does not produce the lasting antidepressant effect. It can be quickly absorbed and rapidly eliminated from the body. This fast-acting SSRI makes it suitable for correcting the ejaculation problems, and not making a general antidepressant effect on the body. That is why it has become the first medication for treating premature ejaculation.
Dapoxetine comes in 30 mg and 60 mg tablets. The initial dose for men is 30 mg. If it didn’t show the needed effect and no side effects were produced, the dose may be increased to 60 mg. You should take the tablet with a glass of water 1-3 hours before you intend to have sex, but only one dose in 24 hours.
» Possible adverse effects of Dapoxetine include headaches, hypotension, dizziness, insomnia, dry mouth, nausea, and diarrhea. Unlike other antidepressants, dapoxetine, when taken as needed, does not have sexual dysfunction and low libido as an adverse effect.
Among contraindications for Dapoxetine are:
- significant heart problems, including ischemic or valvular heart diseases and others
- hepatic or renal impairment
- psychiatric disorders or epilepsy
Do not take Dapoxetine if you are using the following drugs:
- potent CYP3A4 inhibitors including itraconazole, ketoconazole, saquinavir, ritonavir, nefazodone, telithromycin, atazanavir, nelfinavir, or other similar medications
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
- serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs, SNRIs)
- tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) or other serotonergic substances
If you have been taking one of these drugs, you should wait at least two weeks before taking Dapoxetine. The drugs listed above should be taken at least within a week after you used Dapoxetine.
Gain Confidence With Confido
Among herbal medications that are used to treat premature ejaculation is Confido, produced by Himalaya Drug Company, a well-known Indian manufacturer. Confido is designed using the Ayurvedic knowledge about the plants and does not contain any synthetic active components.
Health benefits of Confido related to erectile function:
- reduces the anxiety related to sexual performance
- increases libido
- regulates the process of erection
- treats premature ejaculation
- helps maintain healthy sperm production
- inhibits nocturnal emission
- supports the healthy testosterone levels
» For premature ejaculation, take 1 tablet of Confido 2 hours before sleep for 2 – 4 weeks, or until the symptoms of PE disappear.
Ingredients of Confido tablet (in the form of powder or extract): Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera), Salabmisri (Orchis Mascula), Vriddhadaru (Argyreia Speciosa), Kokilaksha (Asteracantha Longifolia), Gokshura (Tribulus Terrestris), Vanya Kahu (Lactuca Serriola), Jivanti (Leptadenia Reticulata), Kapikachhu (Mucuna Pruriens), Shaileyam (Parmelia Perlata), Suvarnavang, Sarpagandha (Rauwolfia Serpentina). All the ingredients are plants, which have been used in Ayurvedic medicine for hundreds of years.
Other effects of Confido are bronchodilator, antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and vasodilator properties, pain relief, inhibition of the reuptake of neurotransmitters, improvement of the athletic performance, support of the adrenal function, and others. Confido can also be used in the treatment of ulcers, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, for pain relief, and for other purposes.
Confido is considered to be safe for most men and has mild adverse effects. However, it may slightly lower your blood pressure, because of the effect of Rauwolfia Serpentina. It also may interfere with anti-hypertensive drugs. If you have low blood pressure, consult the doctor before using Confido.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Herbal Medications
Many questions are rising these days about herbal remedies that may cure diseases and help improve the overall health. Herbs have been used by people for thousands of years, they gained the reputation of effective and safe treatment, and many people believe they are. Most of the synthetic drugs were created using the knowledge about the chemicals, which were discovered in the plants and other organisms. There have been made synthetic copies of vitamins, enzymes, hormones and other important molecules, which appear naturally in plants and human bodies. Still, people often turn to natural remedies, which are supposed to be safer and healthier alternative to traditional doctor’s choice.
If herbal medications are so good to our health, then why most of them are found under the label of food supplements and are usually not prescribed to treat medical conditions? This happens because, though herbs have been used for much longer than synthetic drugs, ironically, they are much less tested and studied by medical science. The benefits of most herbs have not been proven, their possible drug interactions and side effects are often not known.
- They may be safer. Using herbal remedies, we do not expose our bodies to synthetic ingredients. The traditional drugs usually have more side effects and are more toxic than herbal medications.
- They improve overall health. Herbal medications may have more broad and complex effect on the human body than a single-chemical drug. And though they require regular long-term administration most of the time, the changes they provoke are usually long-lasting.
- They have a rich history. People have been using herbs for medical purposes since the dawn of the civilization. Some plants that we use now were known by humans thousands of years ago.
- Sometimes they are the only option. Traditional drugs that are prescribed for your health problem may be contraindicated to you for some reason. Herbal medications have much fewer contraindications and can be an acceptable alternative for you.
- The efficacy may not be scientifically proved. Herbal medications are usually less studied, and their positive effects often are not confirmed.
- The content is not listed. While traditional medications often contain one, two or several active ingredients, which can be accurately listed, a herb contains dozens of different natural chemicals, and it is difficult to list the content of a herb. One chemical in the plant can heal you, while the other may be harmful. That is why studying the effects becomes more complicated.
- Unknown side effects. There are herbal supplements that can be dangerous, toxic to your liver or kidneys in long-term use, which is usually required for this type of medications to see the positive health changes.
- Possible drug interactions. Herbs may interact with other drugs. They can affect drug-metabolizing enzymes and decrease, enhance or modify the effect other drugs have on your body. For most herbal products, these interactions are not known.
- A small amount of active substances. Synthetic drugs often have a greater concentration of active chemicals, and produce more significant and quick effect, while herbal remedies usually require long-term use.
However, there are great advantages of using herbs as treatments for diseases. Therefore, herbal medications surely deserve our attention.
Disclaimer: Despite the great care and attention given to this Website, My Canadian Pharmacy is not responsible for incorrect and / or incomplete content on the Website. By no means the contents published on the Website must be used for self-treatment. The relevance of all types of contents ought to be checked according to the date of publication. My Canadian Pharmacy can change the content of this website at any time or terminate the website in its entirety and is not liable for the consequences of this change or termination. Use the contents posted on this Website at your own risk. The publisher is not responsible or liable for direct or indirect damage of any nature whatsoever through the use of this Website. The responsibility lies with the user at all times. It is strongly recommended to visit a healthcare provider and get a legal medical guidance prior to using the contents of the Website.