Discovering Priligy, Legal Status, How Priligy Works, Indications, Contraindications And Precautions, Dosage and Administration, Prescription Information, Side Effects, 5 Tips on Using, FAQs And Testimonials
- 10 pills
- 20 pills
- 30 pills
- 60 pills
- 90 pills
- 120 pills
- 180 pills
- 10 pills
- 20 pills
- 30 pills
- 60 pills
- 90 pills
- 120 pills
- 180 pills
- 10 pills
- 20 pills
- 30 pills
- 60 pills
- 90 pills
- 120 pills
- 180 pills
- Discovering Priligy: PE Drug Development
- Priligy (Dapoxetin) Legal Status
- How Priligy (Dapoxetine) Works to Delay Premature Ejaculation
- Dosage and Administration of Priligy (Dapoxetine)
- Priligy: Prescription Information
- Side Effects of Priligy
- 5 Tips on Using Priligy (Dapoxetine)
- FAQs on Priligy (Dapoxetine) treatment and Premature Ejaculation
Discovering Priligy: Premature Ejaculation Drug Development
To be precise, dapoxetine – which later was called Priligy – was not developed by its creator, the company Eli Lilly, purposely for treatment of sexual dysfunction, including PE; it was one of the antidepressant drugs intended for treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorders, depression and anxiety. During clinic trials, it was found that dapoxetine did not really work for depression, as it absorbs into the body rapidly, but a number of patients reported unexpected improvement of premature ejaculation issues, which was thought a result of using of dapoxetine.
After this, some targeted trials were undertaken to study the substance as a possible medication for treatment of PE, and it did well. And so, the remedy for premature ejaculation had appeared and was sold to Jonson & Jonson for further commercializing. The medication has received the trade name Priligy.
Priligy (Dapoxetine) Legal Status
However, despite the optimistic start in 2003, when Jonson acquired the rights to trade Priligy, it still has not been approved by the Federal Drug Administration for use in the U.S. The application was submitted by ALZA Corporation (a branch of Jonson&Jonson) in 2005 and it is still pending as of 2018.
Though a status of Priligy is in limbo in the U.S., during the following years, dapoxetine has been approved as a medication for treatment of premature ejaculation in more than 50 countries, including such Western and Eastern European countries as Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Austria, Slovakia, Croatia, Russia, and others; Asian countries such as South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Philippine; New Zeeland, Mexico, Argentina and Uruguay. Currently, there are many registered brands for trading dapoxetine in different countries, including Priligy that is sold by Menarini in a number of European and Asian countries. There are also some Indian and Chinese manufacturers that produce and sell generic dapoxetine.
How Priligy Works to Delay Premature Ejaculation
The action of dapoxetine is based on ability of SSRis to inhibit the serotonin transporter and increase levels of serotonin in our body. But you may ask what serotonin is and how it is related to one of the most common and disturbing men’s sexual disorder. Well, let’s dive deeper into this process.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter, which means it transmits signals between nerve cells, and from nerve cells to other cells in the body. There are a number of neurotransmitters with different functions. Serotonin can be found in cells of gastroenterological tract, brain and blood platelets and it is responsible for regulation of digestion in the bowels, and also it handles with mood, sleep and appetite. High concentration of serotonin in the synaptic cleft (a limited empty space where neurotransmitters accumulate before moving to the receptors of the targeted cells) leads to increased feelings of happiness, satisfaction and well-being.
The serotonin transporter is a chemical responsible for transporting serotonin from the synaptic cleft to the receptors. Arriving of serotonin to the receptors of the targeted cells means termination of its action and accordingly of the related feelings too. This process is called serotonin reuptake, or absorption.
Though the complete mechanism of action of serotonin is still vague, it is believed that low levels of serotonin can lead to depression and some other anxiety disorders. That is why selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are used to eliminate action of the serotonin transporter and keep the neurotransmitter high.
Another question is how serotonin helps delay an orgasm and prevent a premature ejaculation. Till now, there is no consensus on this matter among sexologists and psychologists, but, in practice it works. It was known long before the implementation of Priligy that SSRIs delay orgasm; that was what people, both men and women, who had SSRIs treatment for depression claimed.
Serotonin sometimes called an “orgasm brake”. As it has been proved by neurologists who studied the processes in CNS during an orgasm with MRI, that level of serotonin dramatically drops immediately after the orgasm. But, in the nervous systems, causes and effects are often interrelated, so it appears to be logical that an increase in serotonin level supported by dapoxetine can delay orgasm by tricking mechanism of cessation of sexual arousal.
Priligy (Dapoxetine) is indicated for use in men in age from 18 to 64 years old for treatment of premature ejaculation (PE).
A patient is diagnosed with PE if he has the following symptoms during a prolonged time (6 months and more):
- Ejaculation repeatedly happens too quickly, which means before penetration into the vagina or shortly (less than 1 minute) after it.
- Patient cannot control ejaculation; it happens involuntarily.
- Patient develops personal distress that it can happen again and again.
If both a patient and his partner experience dissatisfaction of their intimacy, which can lead to worsening their relationships, it is considered additional indication to treatment with dapoxetine. The action of Priligy (dapoxetine) was not studied in patients older than 65, but it does not mean they could not benefit from using it.
Priligy (dapoxetine) is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to dapoxetine hydrochloride.
- Severe heart diseases, including heart failure, advanced ischemic heart disease and heart valve disease.
- Hepatic impairment.
- Mania or bipolar disorder.
Priligy should not be combined with some other medications, such as:
- monoamine oxidase inhibitors;
- other SSRIs;
- SNRIs (serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors);
- tricyclic antidepressants;
- CYP3A4 inhibitors;
- other products to enhance level of serotonin in the CNS.
If you are receiving any of the above medications, you should inform your doctor and do not start treatment with dapoxetine before 14 days after the previous course discontinuation.
Priligy (dapoxetine) is not intended for use in children and adolescents below 18 years old and in women.
Priligy (dapoxetine) is not indicated in men with other sexual disorders. It is not a drug to enhance performance in healthy men. There is no data on what happens if dapoxetine is taken in men without diagnosed ED, so you can use it only on your own risk.
Use of Priligy with other medicines:
- Do not use Priligy with recreational drugs as ketamine, methamphetamine, LSD and other serotonergic substances, including herbal medicines, as it can cause dizziness and drowsiness.
- CYP3A4 inhibitors can be used together with dapoxetine only if its dose is limited to 30 mg.
- Avoid using Priligy with alcohol, as it enhances the effects of ethanol and increase risks of accident injuries. Hypotension: If you have a history of syncope, please inform your doctor in advance.
- There is a low but existing risk of syncope, so if you have any symptoms such as lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea and loss of consciousness after intake of dapoxetine, immediately consult your doctor.
- Suicidal thoughts: Although clinical trials did not show any evidence of suicidal intension, please be mindful while taking Priligy, as it is one of the know adverse effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
- Depression: Men with inclination to depressions or anxiety disorders should evaluate a potential risk together with a doctor.
- Mania: If you developed symptoms of mania/ bipolar disorder while taking Priligy, stop using the medicine and see your doctor.
- Driving and operating mechanisms: Be careful when driving or operating mechanisms, especially if you feel lightheaded or tend to faint.
Dosage and Administration of Priligy (Dapoxetine)
Priligy is issued in a form of 30 mg or 60 mg tablets for oral administration.
A table of Priligy should be swallowed whole with large amount of water. Do not cut or chew it. Recommended started dose of dapoxetine is 30 mg. When a 30 mg dose seems insufficient and in case of no side effects, patient can increase the dose to 60 mg. The medicine is taken from 1 to 3 hours prior intimacy. You should not take more than one dose in 24 hours. Food does not affect dapoxetine action. You may the medicine before or after meal. Currently, there were no any reports about overdosing of Priligy, but you may expect same symptoms as with other SSRIs: drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, anxiety, tremor and tachycardia. Please resort to medical assistance if you suspect an overdose.
Priligy: Prescription Information
Priligy is a prescription drug and you should consult your doctor to get a prescription.
Side Effects of Priligy
The most common side effects (reported more than in 5% patients)
- Insomnia (mostly in the patients who use 60 mg of Prilligy once in 24 hours on a regular basis)
Less common side effects (1-5%)
- Blocked nose
- Abdominal pain
- Dry mouth
- Erectile dysfunction
Rare side effects (less than 1%)
- Attention disturbance
- Tickling, numbing and burning sensations
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears
Top 5 Tips on Using Priligy (Dapoxetine)
- Make sure you are the right candidate for Priligy. Priligy is not a mean to boost your performance, you should use it only if you diagnosed with PE. One time failure is not premature ejaculation yet.
- Find your own regimen: You may use it when needed or every day, but not more than 1 tablet in 24 hours. If you feel the effect of a 30 mg dose, do not increase the dose to avoid adverse reactions. Some patients find that optimal regimen is to take one 30 mg tablet, mostly in the evening before going to bed, while the other claim that dapoxetine works better when 60 mg are taken purposely before an intercourse. You may try both styles and decide what is better for you.
- Combine with other methods to prevent PE: There are some numbing topical creams, such as Emla or other lidocaine containing local anesthetics to reduce sensitivity, which can help last longer. Using thicker condoms also can improve you activeness time.
- Do not delay your sexual event for more than three hours after taking Priligy! Dapoxetine is a short-acting medicine, which means it absorbs in 4-5 hours. For a better effect, have a sexual intercourse between 1 and 3 hours after the medicine intake.
- Don’t give up! You cannot decide whether Priligy works after one intake only. The effect can be reached in about 4 weeks of treatment or, at least, after 6 doses taken once a day.
FAQs on Priligy (Dapoxetine) treatment and Premature Ejaculation
How can I know that I have premature ejaculation?
Normally, a doctor can diagnose you with premature ejaculation, but there are some signs that you have PE:
- You ejaculate before you started an intercourse or shortly (less than 1-2 minutes) after.
- Ejaculation happens before you wish – you cannot control it.
- These events happen regularly and persistently during at least 6 months.
- Your ejaculation time does not depend on your psychological state or your partner.
How much longer will I be able to keep erection with Priligy?
It’s individual but trials showed that men can improve the time an erection lasts prior to an orgasm for 1-2 minutes in average and reach 3-3.5 minute limit. Otherwise, some men who had 3-minute sexual activities, reported that they improved their time, although it was not a case of the trails that studied only men who need PE treatment.
Can I buy Priligy in the U.S.?
This medicine is still not FDA approved for selling in the United States, but you can buy it online. Dapoxetine is approved for use in more than 50 countries and widely sold in online under different brand names.
How much does Priligy cost?
The price may vary from $1.00 per 30 mg pill for generic dapoxetine to $35.00 / per pill for brand medicine ($1.3-43.00 per 60 mg pill accordingly) depending on where you buy.
What is generic Priligy?
Generic Priligy is the medicine with the same chemical compound as the brand one, but it does not have a registered brand, and, as a rule, is sold under its chemical name dapoxetine. Generic Dapoxetine differs only in promotion, not in the product quality.
If I took one tablet and it seems does not help, may I take more?
If you had one 30 mg tablet and do not see desired effect, next time you can try 60 mg. Please do not take more than one tablet in 24 hours. On further dose increasing you have to consult your doctor.
May I combine dapoxetine with Viagra or other ED drugs?
In a targeted crossover study, it was found that dapoxetine and PDE5 inhibitors do not change mutual pharmacokinetics significantly: tadalafil does not affect the action of dapoxetine at all, whilst sildenafil (Viagra) causes only slight changes in pharmacokinetics. That means, it is safe to use dapoxetine with ED drugs, but you should take precautions with Viagra, as both medications can cause blood pressure drop and syncope in some people.
May I take Priligy if I am 17 years old?
Dapoxetine is not intended for use in adolescents under 18 years old.
Is it safe to buy Priligy online?
Mostly, it is safe, but you have to evaluate everything meticulously when choosing an online pharmacy. Along with trusted stores, there are some scammers and cheaters who can deliver you counterfeits or fail to deliver. It is better to buy in reputable pharmacies with a quality website, professional medical support, testimonials and complete transparency regarding drug manufacturers, company location and payment and delivery procedures.
Testimonials on Priligy from My Canadian Pharmacy
I went to a doctor because I had a problem with my partner because I did not last long. I mean my erection, you know. Before it was just okay, but during last 2-3 years, it has been getting worse. So, sometimes we could not even start. Such an embarrassment, really. Finally, one of my friends told me that he tried a new medicine (relatively new) for premature ejaculation – that is how they call this. It works, he said. The name is Priligy. And then, I went to the doctor to get the medicine. The doctor said it was just right for me and gave a prescription for Priligy. So, I tried it and at the very first time stand for about 3 minutes. It was something after all. Now I have it when needed and it’s enough. I don’t need to take it every day. And I noticed that with time my sexual life has improved a lot. I even can repeat intercourse and a second time it’s even better, as I am not so excited. The doctor says, probably it’s not Priligy, but I think it is. I have become more relaxed and that is why I do better.
Guys, finally I’m happy. I had troubles with girls all my life, as I never could keep one. And that was coz I always had finished before they even started. Finally, I became upset and got a depression. I spent months recovering and after this was advised to try Priligy for my problem. For sure, I tried. First, I had 30 mg of the drug and did not feel great improvements. Then, I switch to 60 mg and it was good. Finally, I became able to move about 3 minutes before orgasm and it was already pretty satisfying. At the beginning, I had 60 mg every day for 4 weeks, but, then, started using Priligy only when needed – you know, it’s costly. And, then, I discovered that I can buy generic dapoxetine (exactly the same as Priligy, only the name is different) and now I can enjoy my best and it costs me almost nothing. And yeah, I have a girlfriend now, and we get along pretty well.
I was happy to find this website, because I have been using Prilligy for years already and spent a lot for my PE treatment. I tried it first in 2012 and bought it in a German online shop. It was fine, but expensive. If it had not been so effective, I would give up. But I need it regularly, as my intimate life depends on dapoxetine. No, I am not an addict, but without Priligy I could ruin peace in my family. But, thanks to Canadian brothers, I am fine now without spending a fortune for medications.
Well, if no orgasm is an improvement, I’ve got it. I thought, with Priligy I will be able to have sex longer and it was true, but, after all, nothing happened. And finally, I lost interest to sex at all. Why to try, of there is no pleasure. Bull shit. But I can’t claim it does not work.