- Name: Malegra FXT
- Active ingredient: Sildenafil Citrate + Fluoxetine
- Dosages (mg): 100/40, 100/60
- Drug Class: Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) / Erotonin-specific reuptake inhibitors (SSRI)
- Indications: Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence) treatment / Premature Ejaculation (PE)
- Starting-point prices on My Canadian Pharmacy: $1.40 per pill
- Two Active Components
- Key Benefits of Malegra FXT
- What is the proper way to take Malegra FXT?
- List of Possible Side Effects Produced by Malegra
- Contraindications for the use
- Malegra FXT and Alcohol
- What to Do if Malegra Doesn’t Work as Anticipated?
- Storage Guidelines
- How Malegra FXT is Different from Malegra DXT
- Important Information
Introduced to the market just recently, Malegra FXT combines double-function improvement mechanism to support male patients in solving major sexual dysfunction problems: erectile dysfunction (ED) and premature ejaculation (PE).
ED is men’s limited ability to gain and maintain an erection sufficient for having sex. PE occurs when men ejaculate sooner than their partners feel comfortable during their sexual act. 30% of men face with premature ejaculation at some point in their lives.
Malegra FXT belongs to a new generation of drugs delivering a synergistic effect, but it stands out from the rest of ED treatments with its attractive pricing policy. Besides the affordable price, Malegra FXT beats the competition in the most important aspects: its effectiveness.
Two Active Components of Malegra FXT: Sildenafil and Fluoxetine
The main component of Malegra FXT is Sildenafil Citrate, which is a substance used in the production of Viagra and its various substitutes. It is a strong selective inhibitor of PDE5 that works for men on different stages of impotence because it stimulates blood flow into male penile tissues. Malegra FXT contains 100mg of Sildenafil Citrate.
The ancillary component is Fluoxetine, an antidepressant belonging to a class of drugs known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs. These meds work by raising the amount of serotonin in the human brain. Fluoxetine helps to extend the intravaginal time during the sexual intercourse and thus postpone premature ejaculation. It is a time-tested antidepressant successfully applied in fighting premature ejaculation. Malegra FXT contains 40mg of Fluoxetine, while Malegra FXT Plus comprises 60mg of Fluoxetine.
The core mechanism of Malegra FXT action is built around breaking of PDE5 and corresponding promotion of cyclase–cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) that facilitate smooth muscle relaxation that, in turn, effects in penile erection. In more detail, cGMP enhances the synthesis of nitric oxide, hence, stimulating the productive mechanism of penile arterioles expansion and accelerating blood flow into cavernous bodies in the penis. However, sexual stimulation is still necessary for an effective action of this drug. Fluoxetine in the pharmaceutical formula of Malegra FXT helps to avoid PE by improving the psychological perception of patients.
Key Benefits of Malegra FXT
The main benefits of Malegra FXT include the following:
- A powerful combo of two active components that augment the actions of each other, therefore giving patients a strong synergetic effect.
- Mitigating premature ejaculation successfully.
- A fast onset of action.
- Its positive effects usually last from 4 to 8 hours.
- Significant effectiveness in dealing with all forms of male impotence.
- Affordable price and enhanced effectiveness when compared with many popular ED drugs.
- Improved libido and prolific uplifting.
- Prescription-free availability.
What is the proper way to take Malegra FXT?
Malegra FXT starts working in around thirty minutes after its intake. It may take longer for Malegra FXT to start acting if you combine taking your pill with fatty or heavy meals. Since Malegra FXT is not an aphrodisiac of any sort, so prior sexual arousal is an essential step to your erection. Dependent on your individual susceptibility, the effects of Malegra FXT stay in place up to 8 hours, but there are verified claims that the drug works for at least 4 hours.
List of Possible Side Effects Produced by Malegra
Before taking any new drug, everyone wants to learn more about the possibility of experiencing unwanted symptoms. Around 15% of those men who decide to take Malegra reported some adverse effects. This means that it may cause certain side effects, just like other meds so that you need to be aware of them before starting your ED treatment. The good news is that they are rare, mild and pass away fast. The most common ones include facial flushing, nausea, headaches, diarrhea, nasal congestion, unexpected vision changes, stomach pain, etc. If you experience any of them, you should contact your physician.
Do not take Malegra FXT if:
- you are allergic either to Sildenafil Citrate or Fluoxetine
- you have been advised by your physician to stay away from sexual activity due to heart problems
- you are under mental stress
- you are taking nitrate drugs (e.g., nitroglycerin, isosorbide) in any form (e.g., tablet, patch, capsule, ointment), or nitroprusside
- you use some recreational drugs (e.g., butyl nitrate or nitrite, amyl nitrate or nitrite)
Some health conditions may interact with Malegra FXT. Tell your physician or pharmacist if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are taking any prescription or non-prescription meds, dietary supplements, or herbal preparation
- if you are allergic to foods, drugs, or other substances
- if you have a history of stroke, heart attack, or life-threatening irregular heartbeat, particularly within the past 6 months.
- if you have a history of heart problems (irregular heartbeat, heart failure, or blood vessel problems), low or high blood pressure, ulcers, or bleeding problems
- if you have an irregular penis (e.g., Peyronie disease), blood cell problems (e.g., sickle cell anemia, leukemia)
- if you are suffering acute diseases of kidneys and/or liver
- if you have a history of high intraocular pressure
Some drugs may interact with Malegra FXT. Tell your healthcare provider if you are taking any other drugs, especially any of the following:
- Azole antifungals (e.g., ketoconazole, itraconazole)
- Alpha-blockers (e.g., doxazosin), or anti-hypertension drugs because extreme low blood pressure with lightheadedness, dizziness, and fainting may ensue
- Rifampin or because they may reduce Malegra FXT’s effectiveness.
Some fluoxetine-specific warnings:
- Do not take Malegra FXT if you are taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or if you have taken MAOIs in the recent 14 days. Wait at least five weeks after stopping Malegra FXT before beginning treatment with MAOIs. MAOIs include Nardil, Marplan, selegiline (Eldepryl, Zelapar, Emsam), Parnate and others.
- Do not take Malegra FXT if you take pimozide (Orap), because a hazardous drug interaction implicating irregular heartbeat may occur.
- Do not take Malegra FXT if you are taking thioridazine, and wait for at least five weeks after stopping Malegra FXT before starting treatment with thioridazine, because a hazardous drug interaction implicating irregular heartbeat may occur.
- Do not take Malegra FXT if you are taking intravenous methylene blue or the antibiotic linezolid (Zyvox).
This is not a complete list of all drug interactions. Ask your health care provider if Malegra FXT interacts with other medicines that you take.
Malegra FXT and Alcohol
Remember that immoderate alcohol consumption is one of the main triggers of erectile problems. If you want to get the most of taking Malegra FXT, avoid drinking any alcohol. The lower your alcoholic intake, the higher your stakes of having a strong and long-lasting erection.
What to Do if Malegra Doesn’t Work as Anticipated?
Men using Malegra FXT for the first time may not experience the precise type of results they have been hoping for. It takes time and a few attempts to get used to this drug and get the most of it. Yet, should you have used Malegra FXT a few times without getting any results, try switching to other doses or forms. You will find the right solution for your needs, so, please, do not lose your hope.
Keep Malegra FXT away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep it away from pets and out of the reach of children. Optimal storage temperature is between 20 and 25 degrees C.
How Malegra FXT is Different from Malegra DXT
Malegra FXT and Malegra DXT have 100 mg of Sildenafil Citrate as main active substance. Sildenafil Citrate, after being dissolved in the blood, removes the obstacle in the blood vessels in order to boost the blood flow to the male penile tissues. Thanks to that, hard and strong erections can be achieved.
The major difference between Malegra FXT and Malegra DXT is that they have different ancillary components — Malegra FXT has Fluoxetine (40 or 60 mg), while or 60 Malegra DXT has Duloxetine (30 or 60 mg). Duloxetine and Fluoxetine, both being additional components of medications, encourage the brain center to hold up the movement of neurons from penis to the brain, thus increasing the length of a sexual act. Due to Duloxetine`s or Fluoxetine`s action, the length of a sexual act can be increased by 4-5 times.
Although both ancillary components act similarly, the effect on a man’s body can be dissimilar. Some men may find they are intolerant to Fluoxetine or Duloxetine, which may manifest in the form of sleepiness, distressed stomach, and other undesirable effects.
Duloxetine is a drug from the class of serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), while Fluoxetine belongs to the class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Both classes are aimed at the better absorption of serotonin. The major difference between the two classes is that SNRIs are also capable of affecting the norepinephrine levels in the brain.
The intake of Fluoxetine and Duloxetine may cause different side effects.
The most common side effects triggered by Fluoxetine are the following:
- Trouble sleeping
- Lack of appetite
The most common side effects triggered by Duloxetine are the following:
- Feeling sick
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
It is difficult to foresee how Malegra FXT or Malegra DXT will affect the health of an individual patient, including the manifestation of side effects and intolerance to the respective ancillary components. If no complications are instigated by Sildenafil Citrate, a common ingredient of both drugs, but certain problems happen due to the respective ancillary component; another drug can be tried in its place. For example, if Malegra DXT causes undesirable symptoms, you can give it a try with Malegra FXT, or vice versa.
» Malegra FXT must not be taken on a regular (every day) basis as it can lead to an addiction to this drug in the patient and introduce adverse side effects over the patient.
In the case of an overdose, contact nearby emergency room or poison control center as soon as possible.